- A Spectrum of Thoughts -

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama

(mother of six,
widow, retired teacher,
grandma, great-grandma)

exactly how right can I write about you?
the script may just do no justice to you
clear words as the pure morning dew for you
equal with no woman, one and only you.

the elves in my childhood, you did banish
my ghosts in adulthood, you admonish
between me and my forfeits, you keep watch
and between me and my feats, you’re in touch.

time I would not know ‘til it to me you brought
earth would not be home ‘til it for me you sought
reason would not be mine ‘til it to me you taught
and, life would not be so ‘til it for me you bought.


- between
girlhood and motherhood
are hurdles withstood.

- between
motherhood and grand-motherhood
is growing brood.



(c) Chito L. Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment