- A Spectrum of Thoughts -

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Playground

(A Redolent Recollection-Reflection at 50)

when I was a little boy,
i used to play at the playground
by the PeƱaranda Park. I loved
to ride on the swing that vaulted so high
i could see the blue sky blur. I had fun
with other boys on the seesaw; so amused
watching little girls’ colorful skirts balloon
in the wind, as they played skipping rope…

now, I find myself in a virtual playground.
the seesaw is gone, yet, my life is a seesaw
with ups-and-downs. The skipping rope
has disappeared, but I never skip chance
for romance. I never balloon women
who are careless with their skirts.

the swing is nowhere,
and instead,
i see the swing of a faceless pendulum
that tells me so much Time has passed

since I rode the swing!


- between
childhood and adulthood
is a swing.


(c) Chito L. Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment